We often attribute the excruciating discomfort of back pain to a small and insignificant movement such as bending down and doing up a shoelace. However it is more likely the pain has been caused by months or even years of accumulative strain and in fact doing up that shoelace was just the last straw. Being more conscious of mild aches and pains and stiffness might be the solution as these are often early warning signals that our body is out of balance and that action is required. Don’t ignore these important signals until it is too late.
If you answer yes to any of the questions below, take action to help improve your musculoskeletal health!
Musculoskeletal Health Check
- Do you suffer aches, pains or stiffness in one or more joints?
- Do you wake up in the morning feeling stiff and achy?
- Does standing for long periods cause pain?
- Does getting up from sitting cause pain?
- Do you regularly take painkillers or anti-inflammatory medication?
- Does lifting heavy loads cause pain?
- Does pain prevent you from participating in activities?
- Do aspects of your work cause pain?